Shew - What a Whirlwind

Penelope is 16 days old now and it has been quite the whirlwind.  So many amazing things have happened since she was born and I am just so very much in love with this teeny tiny little girl.

I was able to start kangaroo care with her which is basically skin to skin contact.  It was amazing! Just feeling her warm body with nothing but a diaper against my bare chest is like nothing I can describe.  She seemed so peaceful and happy there too.  We tried a bit of breastfeeding but she's still not quite there yet.  She did get a few sips in there and she'll get better as she gets bigger and her sucking reflex gets further developed.  It's amazing how much she needs to learn since she was born early.  Stuff that full term babies just innately know from practice in the womb.  My little Peanut is a champion though - so I have no doubt that she'll pick it up in time.

so amazing

I mean how could you NOT want to snuggle this?!
Oh and for those of you noticing the new tape mustache...it's nothing to worry about.  She had a new feeding tube inserted because the one from Hopkins wasn't compatible with the stuff at HCC so they put a new one in and that's how it's secured.  She doesn't seem to mind it but we can't wait until she's tube, tape and wire free!

The nurses are saying that if she keeps doing as well as she has been there is a chance she could be coming home this week.  I don't want to get my hopes up too high - but that would just be the most amazingly wonderful thing ever!  Sean and I are itching to get her home so we can snuggle with her all the time!

4 comments:

hand pecked debb said...

tingly goosebumps of happiness!

She's just trying to buy her way into aunt Biz heart with that mustache ;-)

Please keep the posts coming. I'm loving the updates.

N said...

hahaha tape mustache. I totally wouldn't have thought of it that way if you hadn't said it. Now I think you need to draw a little stache on there just for funsies.
Look how giagantoid her little outfit is. I can't imagine how awesome it feels to snuggle her close. So excited for you to have her home.

The Velveteen said...

Um, i forgot about kangaroo care. I used to LOVE that with W, i would carry him around like that in the moby wrap....mmpfh! that's the shit right there.

She is so sweet and dear, i can't wait to squeeze her!

Trent's Mom said...

Wow! What an amazing mom you are already. You have such a story and an adorable little girl to cherish. So happy for you. I just wanted you to know that my friend Liz on thereifboys.blogspot.com went through the same thing with her son, Ben. If you have time to read her advice and stuff, its totally worth it.Her blog is linked to mine.

Keep those updates coming...I check every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP