Mothers Day 2011

I had a fantastic first mothers day weekend with Sean and Penelope! Saturday was absolutely beautiful so we decided to do some yard work.  At first we were just going to weed, but it was so nice out that we decided to just get it all done and plant flowers and mulch as well.  We put the beach umbrella up in the front yard and parked Penelope under it in her little chair..and off to work we went.  She was actually pretty content the entire time.  There were a few times where I had to stop to play with her or feed her...but I think she was just enjoying the nice fresh air as much as we were.  I planted some marigolds and some small white border flowers (I forget what they're called). I think it turned out really nice.  Oh and we're very happy that the japanese maple is doing so well.  We really thought it was a gonner 2 winters ago when half of the branches broke from the weight of all those snow storms!

Sunday was even better! Although I was super sore from all the yard work, it actually felt pretty good! Sean made me a fantastic mothers day breakfast complete with eggs, home fries, and scrapple (YES scrapple!) I was in heaven!  He and Penelope both gave me cards (so cute!) and Sean gave me this adorable ceramic wall hanging.  He found it on etsy with no prompting from me as to what I wanted! I absolutely love birds (as anyone who's been in my house would know) and so he got this little plaque that says mama's little bird.  Isn't it the cutest?


After breakfast, I went and got my haircut.  I was in desperate need of a haircut.  It was more than halfway down my back but did not look good.  And unfortunatly I am losing my hair at an alarming rate.  Apparently that's pretty common for women who have had a baby, and I am one of the lucky ladies that is experiencing it. Now my hair is right around shoulder length and it looks and feels so much better! It has a bit more body to it now so that it doesn't look so thin.

We ended the day with some delicious mexican food and watching TV.  Pefectly relaxing and wonderful. I just love my husband and daughter to pieces! I feel like a very lucky lady!

I hope all the other moms out there had a fantastic mothers day as well! Hugs!

1 comment:

N said...

Ooo I love the yard! So awesome and definitely an adorable mother's day gift.
I haven't started losing my hair yet, but I have a feeling it is going to happen soon because it is defintily way thicker now than before baby-making. So I have a feeling I will soon be comiserating with you on that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP