Registry Panic

So...just for funsies I decided to start a registry on Babies R Us a few minutes ago.  You know...just kind of get it started to see what kinds of things we will need when the baby comes in March.  I know I wrote about this earlier in a silly post about all the insane stuff people buy that they don't need. But after looking at the registry site and all the stuff they suggest plus all the other stuff that is out there - I'll admit it.  I'm pretty terrified.  How the heck are you supposed to A. know what you need and B. know what to do with half of the crap once you get it?  Holy crap you guys, I'm having a bit of a panic attack right now.  How the heck are you supposed to know about this stuff?  I didn't grow up around kids, and the one little guy I watch on occasion (big ups to Wiz!) comes with a small bag of the essentials.  I never had to tend to sick babies, and I never had to pick out what type of diapers, bottles, strollers, car seats, etc that are the best. I know we have a while to go before the little one gets here - but how do you even get a clue between now and then to even fathom what to do with all this stuff?

It's times like this when I miss my mom the most.  I know it would have been a long time since she had kids, and it's just as easy to ask my sisters or a friend...but there is something different about asking mom, ya know?  Like I don't want to impose on my friends or family, I don't want to freak out to them about all the fears I have about not having a frickin' clue about what I'm doing.  I know my mom would have been able to calm me in these times.

I know I'm having a minor freak out and it will pass...all in all my emotions have been pretty level considering the hormones that are raging in my body...but I'm missing my mom and freaking out and am terrified that I won't know what to do.

I just miss my mommy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP