A big ol' pain in the a$$

I hate to complain...well that's not true, I'm actually pretty darn good at complaining. But I feel bad complaining about the problems of being pregnant when I'm so very happy that I am pregnant.  Let me just say though, that I had no idea it would be such a pain in my ass.  Literally.

My sciatic nerve is killing my will to live.  I have pain from the back of my right knee all the way up to my tailbone.  Sitting at my desk has become something close to torture.  Walking for too long makes me feel like my tailbone is going to just rip off and fall to the ground.  The only time I'm comfortable is when I'm laying down - either the couch or the bed.  Unfortunately the won't allow a chaise or couch next to my desk.

I am now wearing what can only be compared to as a heavy lifter belt. 



this is NOT me....

It's actually supposed to support my belly and lift it up a bit to take pressure of my spine.  It's helping ever so slightly.  It mostly helps when I'm standing or walking - but the sitting is still pretty unbearable.  I am sitting on a pillow at my desk but my fat ass has already mushed that thing to a pancake so it's no longer giving support.

I have been getting back rubs from the hubby at night and using a heating pad.  These are both wonderful things - I just wish I could figure out how to make the 8 hours at work more bearable.  At this point I just want to cry and lay down on the floor to get relief from this pain in my ass.  I can't believe I have another 4 months of this pain.  It is definitely not as bad as morning sickness...but it is a close second.

Sorry for my bitch session...I'm just having a pity party....table for one.

1 comment:

N said...

Oh man! I am sorry that you are having such terrible pain. I am laughing just a tad bit about your comment about flattening your pillow into a pancake because my ass would totally do that as well.
I have no idea what you could do to help alleviate the sitting at work part. There has to be something though. Keep me posted what you find out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP