The Nursery Reveal

So we've been working hard on the nursery and it's pretty much done.  We have a few things to add (curtains for one...hence the empty curtain rod) but for the most part it's complete.  Now all we need is our little girl to snuggle with and rock to sleep in our awesome glider!  Anyway, here are the pics!


here is the view from the doorway

the repainted vintage furniture (with new knobs) and the shelves/baskets that Sean put up for me!  Oh AND the awesome print that I won from the tinyandlittle blog! Yay!!



another view of the crib.  I was considering putting another piece of art on the blank wall behind the crib, but I'm hoping we'll get a mobile and that will go there...so I figured I'd wait and see how that looks first!

The shelves along the opposite wall of the crib.  The top row are all my old "Little Golden Books" and my first dolls.  Also on the top right are my first pair of baby shoes.  The bottom row holds all our little girl's first toys!  Aren't they adorable?!




View of wall opposite of crib.  I am in love with these dressers we got off of Craig's list - they are prefect!


Our new rocking chair that my sisters gave us complete with a cute owl pillow AND the adorable Oh Susanna doll that I won from the dandelion blog in Australia! Isn't she darling?!


So there it is.  I just love walking in there at random times during the day and imagine what it will be like once she's here with us.  So excited!

In other news - I just called the doctor to get the results from my latest glucose tolerance test and I'm very happy to report that I do NOT have gestational diabetes! I can not tell you how relieved I am.  Sure I still need to watch my sugar and diet but I am not considered high risk and I don't have to worry about checking my blood every few hours and all that.  I have been so worried about this the past few weeks (since my last test came back inconclusive) but now that I'm in the clear I can focus my energy on all the happiness! Horray!

4 comments:

N said...

Oh it looks Amaazing! I just love the poka dot bedding and the vintage dressers. They are so perfect! It is going to be exciting when you add the room's final accessory...your snuggly baby :). YAY for no gestational diabetes! That is awesome news.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love it Jen. Soon it will be filled with your new baby girl. Good news about not having diabetes. Now just relax.

Unknown said...

The room (and the vintage furniture) looks beautiful! I love the art work above the crib...so cute!

Beck said...

A gorgeous post Jen, the room looks fabulous!! Glad to hear you are in the clear health wise, enjoy, relax and keep smiling xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP