Merry Christmas Everyone!

We are having Christmas eve dinner at our house and Sean's brother is coming over to spend it with us.  My sister in law (his wife) is a pediatric ER doctor and she's working tonight so she won't we joining us.  We're bummed but glad that we can have his brother over to partake in some delicious dinner! I have the chicken in the oven and I'm about to start making all of the other fixins.  Stuffing, candied sweet potatoes, biscuits....yuuum!!

We had a bit of a mishap this morning.  I made a cheesecake and put a pan of water on the bottom rack so that it wouldn't crack.  Unfortunately, the oven was kind of dirty...and as the water splashed onto the bottom of the stove...somehow a fire started! Sean was quick and put the fire out with a fire extinguisher.  Unfortunately that means the cheesecake was ruined.  As well as our lunch that was on the table...and anything else that wasn't covered! We spent the morning cleaning the oven and wiping the chemical dust off of everything.  Whoopsie! At least I was making it early enough that I had time to go to the store to get supplies to make another one.  The cheesecake is for tomorrow so I'll just make another one after dinner.  Sigh...what's Christmas without a little drama, right?  At least it was a small contained fire and nobody was hurt.  Maybe my pride a little...but what can ya do?  haha.  Anyway...I won't be posting tomorrow so I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Hope you all have a very relaxing and drama-free time! Hugs!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP