I had to make a hard decision today. My wonderful friend Biscuit planned my baby shower for me. The original one was scheduled for February 20th, but that one was canceled as Peanut came early. We rescheduled it for this Sunday, March 20th which is 2 days after her actual due date. We figured it would be a fun "welcome to the world" shower. We also decided to have it at my house since it would be easier to cart gifts if they were already at our house. I guess I wasn't really thinking when we picked that date. You see...we're not even supposed to leave the house with her until she's 2 months old because she's premie and the risk of her getting sick is high.
Fast forward to now, and a few people that were supposed to attend the shower either have the flu or have been exposed to it. I had to do what's best for the little one and cancel the shower again. I'm bummed but at the same time I am kind of relieved. I have been stressing about having all of these people in the house around her. She is so vulnerable right now - her little body is just now catching up with itself and she's considered "full term now." I'd hate for her to get sick because someone came over who didn't even know they were sick accidentally passed something along.
So I had to make a decision that was hard. I am guessing it's one of many many hard decisions that I will have to make as a parent. As much as I wanted to see all of my friends and show off our little sweet Penelope, I had to do what's best for her. So...everyone will just have to wait a bit longer to meet our little one.
In the meantime, I took some pictures of her today with my good camera and I think they came out pretty good. Here are some of the best ones.