(Re)Learning Lullabies



I have been researching lullabies lately.  I have been daydreaming a lot about soothing my crying baby to sleep with the songs my mom used to sing to me as a little one.  There are ones that stand out: Bah Bah Black Sheep, Rock-a-by Baby, Sandman, You are my Sunshine.  I'm sure there are dozens more that she sang to me...and I intend to learn many of them for my own baby. There are lyrics and whatnot online so I've started pulling a list together and will begin practicing.  It's pretty funny to study baby songs and sing them out loud - but I hope that it will leave a lasting impression on our child.

1 comment:

N said...

darn your preparedness. Now I have to add that to the list of things I need to do before Nugget arrives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP