Columbia, MD is CNN Money's #2 place to live in the Nation. Here's why I agree...

The results are in...Columbia/Ellicott City, MD is the #2 bestest place to live in all the nation. LINK I moved to Columbia a year ago and I couldn't agree more.  From my drab, concrete and brick street in Baltimore city to the lush, tree-lined streets of Howard County - I am completely converted to a suburbanite! Here's why:

1. Trees and Birds and Little Animals! I saw a bunny in our front yard yesterday, and there is a crazy chipmunk that lives behind the house.  And the birds! THE BIRDS! If you know me, you know I love the birdies.  There is a male and female cardinal couple that live in the small patch of woods behind our house and they like to snack at our birdfeeder.  It's awesome.  Now, I could do without the woodpecker tappin' on the side of the house - but I'll take that over the giant rats and cockroaches of the city any day!

There are also a bunch of trails all around Columbia.  Many are paved and have little bridges over streams.  There is a trail behind our neighborhood that has a little playground too.  So awesome!

2. There are no tacky signs directing you to the "village centers" where the grocery stores and shops are.  Granted, if you dont' know your way around, it'll be hard to find your local Giant, but if you are a resident - it's nice to not have all those tacky crapy signs everywhere.  It's just trees and greenery and happiness!



3. We have an awesome public library system.  Now Sean can get all his nerd lectures for free and I can continue to borrow books on tape - which reduces my road rage during the commute.  Everyone wins!

4. The shopping! I mean...come on.....there is everything you could possibly need in Columbia!  A great mall, every major retailer a HUGE JoAnn Fabrics w/a full craft area. Awesome!

5. The restaurants! There are some great places to eat in Columbia.  My favorite by far is Sushi Sono.  They have some fantastic rolls incuding the Bridal Veil Roll. So good!

It's right on the Kittimicundi Lake too, which is awesome!
images from Sushi Sono Website

6. My husband and animals are here.  Again, this is just me - but it's my favorite part of Columbia! Horray!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP