A new nook with a new look!

So I have to take a little departure from my wedding recaps to share my new happy place with you.  As I'm sure you are all aware - and probably sick of hearing about - I have started making jewelry.  This has turned into way more of a hobby than I could have ever imagined. I have been having so much fun learning different tecniques and creating new things.  I had no idea a hobby like this could be so rewarding.

That being said....I have accumulated a lot of stuff.  Stuff necessary to make all these pretty things.  And...well, I've outgrown my little craft corner.

 there is nowhere to work here anymore...just piles of supplies!

So....I asked Sean if we could come up with some other solution.  First we talked about moving a dresser out of the room and expanding along the wall.  No, that wouldn't work.  Then we talked about me moving to the laundry room - but there are no air vents in there so I would probably freeze to death in the winter.  Plus that is a little too close to the "man cave" for my taste.  So....we decided on me taking over the closet in the guest room.  It's recent role was that of "catch all" for stuff I didn't want to deal with.  It was one of those closets where you put something in and shove the door - hoping it will shut.  It housed a winter comforter, an airmatress with a hole in it, and wrapping paper from 5 years ago.

 yikes!

Because he hates shopping with a passion, Sean offered to clean out the closet while I went shopping at Ikea for a desk to fit into the closet.  I couldn't have been happier.  Sean clean while I shop?  Bliss! I picked out the perfect desk and Sean got to work putting it all together for me (he's the best!)

So handy!

I am so happy with the outcome! This is the perfect space to get the creative juices flowing.  I made so many new pieces this weekend and was able to lay everything out.  It is so easy to see all of the diffrent supplies I have on hand now. And the best part is, when I'm done I can just shut the door and you'd never even know it was there.  (Perfect to keep the kitties out too!)


What craft nook?


ta da!


little slice of heaven right here!

So yeah....that's my new creative space.  It's amazing what you can do with a closet!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! Our guest room closet has turned into our wifi/printer/network center. It's nice to be able to close the door and not have to see all that crap.

jenniejen said...

Yeah it took a while to decide where the best place for my crafting would be. I'm glad we decided on this because it really didn't take any space away from something else. that closet needed to be cleaned out anyway.

So...unrelated....we need to plan a weekend visit!

Unknown said...

Yes we do! Brian's travel schedule is getting shifted around, and I should have a better idea of what the rest of our summer looks like by the end of the week - barring any more changes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP