Our Wedding Part 1 - It all has to start somewhere...

I figured I should write a bit about our wedding on here...so I think this will be a multi-post event. Here it goes....

How did we meet?


As we are both self proclaimed nerds, it's only fitting that we met via the internet. Thank you match.com!

Our first date was at an Afghan restaurant in Baltimore called The Helmand. I was about 5 minutes early and waited at the bar for Sean to arrive. He came in a few minutes later and walked up to me with a big smile on his face and said, "I'm sorry I'm late." I replied with some snarky remark about him being a whole 8 minutes late and not to let it happen again. Sean said that my smarty pants attitude made him instantly at ease. We ended up staying at the restaurant for over 2 hours talking about silly cat stories, work, family, and everything else under the sun. He had me laughing so hard I had tears literally streaming down my face. The rest, as they say, is history. Many dates and MANY laughs later we are here, starting our future together!

This picture is from our 4th date (day trip to Cape May!)

Dating:


I swear, I have never had more fun in my life than I have with Sean. He makes me laugh with his silliness and we never fight. It has been a fantastic ride and I'm so happy I get to spend the rest of my life with him!

Totally soaked after getting rained out of a Jason Mraz concert.

The Proposal:

It couldn't have been more perfect. Last summer we rented a house in Cape May (my absolute favorite place in the world) and a bunch of our friends came to stay with us. It was such a great time! Unfortunately for Sean, with all the people around it was very difficult to get me alone. Finally, we had one day where we would be at the beach for a few hours by ourselves. We were sitting in our beach chairs, enjoying the beautiful weather...and Sean starting being really sweet. He's normally very nice to me, but at this particular moment he was being especially endearing. I remember thinking to myself "this would be the perfect time for him to propose....but there's no way that's going to happen." Little did I know that is exactly what he had on his mind. A few minutes later he pulled a box out of the beach bag and opened it up and asked me to marry him. Unfortunately my first reaction was to say "shut up" about 10 times....and he finally had to ask "does that mean yes?." I said "of course" and hugged and kissed him, and then I proclaimed "we're getting married!!" It was an amazing and truly memorable moment.


He proposed to me right on the beach in Cape May....full circle!



 





















The day we found Oliver's Carriage House where we got married! I mean seriously, do you see why I love this man?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP